A little bit about me; My name is Oscar Dighero and I would like to thank you for your kindness in offering me a scholarship to The Perfect Step. Please see below for a little bit of my story:
1. Oscar Dighero
2. December 13th, 2013
3. Totally paralyzed from the nose down initially.
4. I received a flu shot late November of 2013. Within 10 days, I was at the hospital as I could no longer stand or hold myself up. I was diagnosed with a rare condition called, Guillain-Barre Syndrome which shuts down all you nerves and muscles. I went from a very physical job working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day to being paralyzed, then to on life support and a trache & feeding tube. I was in a sub-acute nursing home for 4 years and have finally come home 5 months ago,
5. I was able to use the robotic waking machine and that is the first time i have been able to take steps. It was amazing.
6. Be Perfect has shown me that nothing is impossible if you want it bad enough.
7 The Perfect Step has shown me that with sheer will power an drive, I can move more than I used to and has given me back my hope of walking again.
8. After being in a nursing home for 4 years, I am finally home with my family. I have also found an awesome PT.
9. I want to strengthen my muscles and eventually stand and walk.
10. I would like to thank the foundation for giving me this opportunity to do this amazing therapy program and the scholarship. I would not have been able to do this without your help and support.
Please see attached videos of what the Perfect Step has helped me do in just a few weeks
Again thank you so much for helping to get some of my old life back.