1.Name - Pablo Martinez
2. Date of Injury - 1/22/16
3. Level of Injury - Left side hemorrhagic stroke
4. Brief description of how you are injured - I have aphasia, right side weakness, right arm/hand paralysis, right leg weak, drop foot.
5. What type of assistance has TPS provided for you, and how has that helped you regain an independent and active lifestyle? I just started but I already feel stronger and a bit more independent. I'm sure with time I will see so much more.
6. How has TPS re-instilled hope back into your life again? They are experts in this, they believe that excercise is medicine and so do I. Unlike regular hospitals the goals there are "functional" not recovery of what my potential can be.
7. How has The Perfect Step helped you (if applicable)? Aside from the amazing scholarships of Be Perfect Foundation, the new hope they have brought back, the club access to me and my little family is awesome, including the monthly haircut. Those small things are huge and appreciated.
8. What are some goals that you have set for yourself, that you are proud to say that you have attained? I am able to take steps around the house, get in the car, fix a simple meal, bathe/dress myself & shave.
9. What are some future goals that you would like to attain, that Be Perfect can help you achieve? Sleep in a regular bed (not hospital bed) and sleep on my stomach, walk without a hemi walker or wheelchair and without a brace, walk more normal, shower standing up, be able to have use of my right arm, drive again. These are just a few.
10. Anything else that you would like to tell the donors or a simple thank you that you would like to give them? Thank you for caring enough with your generosity to give us the hope and ability to regain some of what we lost. I hope to give back one day if I am able to go back to work.